Friday, March 20, 2009

The time has finally come

Well, I just wanted to catch everyone up on what is going on with us. We have finally made the decision to get a feeding tube for Hunter. He has gradually gotten worse with his eating and we feel now that it is needed to keep him healthy. We are hoping that by doing this he will have more energy to progress with therapy and maybe he will begin to eat because he isn't forced to. He had to get an Upper GI today and was a real trooper. The actual surgery will be on April 17th. It is an overnight stay at Primary Children's Hospital. We will have to attend a class while we are there to learn how to take care of the tube. I am very nervous about all this, but know that we are doing the right thing. Hopefully this will be the last thing that we have to get done for Hunter as far as medical procedures go. Wish us luck!

5 comments:

Roberta said...

awwww...this has got to be hard on mom and dad. Hope all goes well.
Good Luck Hunter!

Cynthia said...

You are amazing and Hunter is so lucky to have you!

Karen said...

I agree with the above comment. You are absolutely amazing for Hunter. Good luck with everything. You are in my prayers.

Lindsey said...

You all will be in my prayers, too. He is such a sweet boy and I think this will be so good for him to get the nourishment he needs. I'm sure you are nervous but these tests only show us all what we CAN do!

Rachel said...

How is Hunter doing with the tube feeding?

I sure hope this is the last he needs to go through medically too. Sweet boy!